Anyone starting to panic yet? Looking at your schedule for the beginning of November and wondering what you were thinking? Trying to finish early to relax over Thanksgiving?
If this is you, come catch up (or get ahead) at this six-hour write-a-thon! Yes, Nita’s normal write-ins are also six hours long, but this time we’ve got our own room! There is a parking area with with lots of free parking. There will be wi-fi and outlets — all provided with with no purchases required! There’s even a park nearby if anyone wants to take a walk to get those creative juices flowing.
Park anywhere in the lot (the church is located in an office building, but there’s a sign on the building) and look for an open door with a NaNo logo taped on it. We will be upstairs in rooms 202/203.
- Word wars with prizes! (TBD, but may include some stuff from Nita’s trip to San Francisco and the Night of Writing Dangerously.
- Food! There will be candy, snacks, coffee/tea supplies, and materials to make PB&J sandwiches for lunch. Feel free to bring your own writer fuel, as well.
- Inspiration! There will be a special Inspiration Station set up for this write-a-thon only, plus mini inspiration for you to take home with you, while supplies last.
- Stickers! SHINY stickers for anyone who reaches 50,000 before or during the write-a-thon!
- Farmers Market! (optional) The park next door happens to be the home of one of the biggest farmers markets in L.A. It’s walkable from the church, so feel free to come early and walk over, or take a break and eat lunch there. Open 8am – 1pm.
Come for all or part of the write-a-thon–just bring your chargers and get ready to type!
RSVP is not required, but it helps to make sure there’s enough food/prizes. You can RSVP by clicking on this link and replying on this thread.
Feel free to add suggestions of things to do/food/drink you’d like to see/bring/etc. This is for you guys, so let us know what will help you catch up on your word count!