We’re looking for your stories and cover art!
Deadline Extended to Friday, May 26
Three years ago, our former Municipal Liaison, Sara McBride, and a team of WriMos decided to publish an anthology of short stories. They invited submissions from all Los Angeles WriMos as well as anyone who subscribes to the region, regardless of where they live.
In that first year, the team brought together stories from 46 authors around the world and published Believe Me Not. The next year they published It’s About Time, and last year Meet the Systems was added to the collection. Check them out on Amazon, or hey, pick up a copy! It all benefits NaNoWriMo and future editions of the anthology.
We are now in our fourth year, and we’re looking for submissions for the 2017 anthology: We’ve All Been There. Our theme this year is Going back or Returning. We’re open to broad interpretations of the idea, so feel free to use your imagination.
Going back or Returning must somehow be central to the theme or structure of the story.
Your prompt is that the story must contain an element of concealment or hiding.
Story submission guidelines:
- We’re open to all genres!
- No previously published stories, please.
- Your story must have a title. Please put it both on the first page of your manuscript AND in the body of your email.
- Please do NOT put your name or contact info in the manuscript itself. We want to judge purely based on story quality. Please only put that information in the body of your email.
- 4000 words maximum, but shorter is great! Make each word count!
- 12-point type, Times New Roman, double-spaced
- Send as .doc (NOT .docx), .rtf, or plain-text attachment. Don’t copy and paste the text directly into the email!
- Grammar check using the Chicago Manual of Style or Grammar Girl.
- Please let us know in your email if you are submitting as a younger writer (17 and under).
- Proofread and also have a friend read it before you submit. One entry per author, please!
- We will confirm receipt of each submission.
Cover art submission guidelines:
- .jpg, .png, or .pdf format
- 100 dpi (final artwork to be at least 300 dpi)
- Smaller than 500×500 pixels (final artwork to be at least 1000×1000)
Here are the details you need to remember:
Friday, May 19 Extended to Friday, May 26
Theme: Going back or Returning
Prompt: The story must contain an element of concealment or hiding.
Open to: Everyone who subscribes to the Los Angeles NaNo region, regardless of where you live.
Submit to: LANaNoAnthology@gmail.com (Please put “Anthology 2017 submission” in the subject line.)
We look forward to your submissions!
The Los Angeles NaNo Anthology editing team
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $14.10Was: $17.99