What is TGIO?
For those wondering what in the world does TGIO stand for, TGIO Party is The Thank Gosh It’s Over TGIO) Party. The TGIO party is a time honored NaNoWriMo tradition. The TGIO party is the perfect place for us to share our NaNoWriMo experiences, celebrate our successes and failures, and connect with our compatriot WriMos who’ve also survived the month long suffering of writing our beloved novels.
Here are the details for this year’s party.
Date: December 5, 2015 (Saturday)
Time: 3:00PM – 5:00PM
Details: We’ll be meeting in the Courtyard/Gallery area of the cafe. Parking is mostly street parking on Centinela.
We’ll have raffles and prizes galore, and games and hilarity to share. Oh, yes, and there will be cake! CAKE!
Come prepared. Bring the following to enter our new roster of games and win fun prizes:
- Premise. On a single page of paper, type your title and a one-sentence premise of your book. No name on it, please.
- One Page. On a single page of paper, print one page of your new novel. Any page – first, last, middle. Double-spaced, with one-inch margins (prepares you for submitting your book to publishers!). No title, no name.
- Best sentence. Pick a sentence, any sentence from your novel. Something that you know sings or zings. You knew it was good when you wrote it, so now, why don’t you flaunt it?
Also if you’ve been diligently filling out your achievement cards, bring them too! Anyone with the most achievements accomplished gets a little prize!
- $200 Write for Success Gift Certificate for Editing Services
- $50 Bodega Wine Bar Certificate
- $25 Central Library Gift Store Gift Certificate
- A Backpack of Writing/Publishing Books
- A Tote of Writing Books
- Totes of Fiction Books
- Movie Tickets
- and much much more!
So come one, come all to TGIO! See you there!
RSVP at our TGIO Thread. (RSVPs are not mandatory, but appreciated.)