On March 29, come meet fellow literary lovers of all ages in Downtown LA at Grand Park’s annual Downtown Bookfest!
When: March 29, 2014 @ 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
200 North Grand Avenue
Los Angeles,CA 90012 Map
READ YOUR HEART OUT in Downtown LA! Grand Park is the place to see, hear and read from the largest coalition of Los Angeles-based authors and publishers in a day for book lovers both big and small.
FOR ALL BOOK LOVERS:
- Add a line of your genius to The World’s Longest Story by 826LA or draw in characters in a monster massive comic book by RYMAN ARTS.
- Receive your very own poem-on-demand by POESIA PARA LA GENTE
- You think YOU love books? Meet and greet librarians from the LOS ANGELES PUBLIC LIBRARY.
- Remember typewriters? Roll up your sleeves and let your fingers to the talking with PUBLISH! POETICS
- Shop the local pop-up bookshop curated by WRIT LARGE PRESS and discover books, zines and literary gems written by LAs finest.
- Visit with MUSIC CENTER ON TOUR artist Judith Helton as she brings literary blasts from the past to life by portraying Laura Ingalls Wilder and Beatrix Potter.
- Don’t forget to bring your books for Grand Park’s wee library system – the LITTLE LIBRARIES. Find’em, fill’em, love’em!
- …and more!
- Enjoy BIRDIE’S PLAYHOUSE featuring catchy music with a Latin twist that gets kids to shake their tail feathers!
- Hear a good YARRRn with STORY PIRATES, a one-of-a-kind sketch comedy musical based entirely on stories by children, including those written by Grand Park kids.
METRO RED or PURPLE LINE TO CIVIC CENTER/GRAND PARK STATION, GOLD LINE TO LITTLE TOKYO/ARTS DISTRICT STATION.
GO METRO and receive a Destination Discount. Show your TAP Card, Metro or County Employee ID to the Grand Park info booth crew at DOWNTOWN BOOKFEST and receive 10% book purchases at the Writ Large pop up shop or The Library Store on Wheels.